Seascale & Bootle Surgeries have a fantastic opportunity for Receptionist to start as soon as possible, to carry out receptionist and administrative duties.
Working week: Practice opening hours between 8am- 6.30pm
Total hours per week: 16 – 20 hours plus cover
Key duties and responsibilities in accordance with Practice procedures:
- Greet all patients and arrange either an appointment or contact with the relevant clinical staff to ensure that they receive appropriate attention.
- Attend to routine patient and clinical staff queries, seeking advice from team leaders or medical staff when appropriate.
- Receive incoming telephone calls and arrange appointments.
- Receive all visitors and arrange contact with the relevant staff to ensure that they receive appropriate attention.
- Develop the ability to perform electronic tasks to keep patient records accurate and up to date when required.
- Extract patient records when required.
- Ensure change of patient’s details correctly inputted into the computer and the notes are amended accordingly.
- Attend to patient requests for home visits.
- Carry out administrative tasks in relation to specific clinics.
- Obtain a working knowledge of the clinical computer system to enable the process of appointments.
- Develop the ability to fully understand a patient’s needs/concerns so that they can be dealt with efficiently and courteously and meet their expectations.
- Maintain a pleasant tidy and safe reception area to benefit patients and comply with Health and Safety legislation.
- Undertake other appropriate duties.
Desired skills: Ideally candidates for this role will be computer literate.
- Comfortable dealing with people both face to face and over the phone.
- Clearly spoken and a good listener who is able to take detailed information.
For further information please contact the surgery on 019467 28101 and ask to speak to the Practice Manager, Collette Smith.
Closing date: 30th April 2021
Job Types: Part-time plus cover
Salary: £8.91 – £9.25 per hour depending on experience
CV to be emailed to [email protected] for the attention of Collette Smith.